Friday, January 26, 2007

5Q's - Chris Sanders

Another hit from another of the blogs I read - this time it's Chris Sanders from the blog of the same name - http://www.chrissanders.org/

1. What are you reading now or what did you last read?
I haven't really had a chance to read a whole lot with all I have hadgoing on lately but I try to make an honest attempt to read my bible every day. Aside from that, I did manage to read "Scripting Microsoft Virtual Server 2005" by Anil Desai a few months ago. It was a pretty good read.

2. What's your best bit of advice?
Working in education I can't stress enough how important it is. I had an opportunity very early to skip college and start at a very popular up and rising IT firm in a lead consulting position, but rather than doing so I chose to tough it out and go the college route. Because of this, I was able to greatly develop my writing skills and now I am more successful than I could have ever been had I not made that decision. If you are going to be very successful I believe you have to constantly educate yourself and put that education first and foremost.

3. Half-full or half-empty?
Always half full.

4. What's your alternative career choice?
This is something I have actually thought about quite a bit. I'd say if I had to choose it would either be a doctor or a special education teacher. I have always had an affinity for trying to help people and make a big difference and there really isn't two other careers where that is any more possible. Every now and then I will get frustrated with a project I am working on and will swear up and down that I am going to go to med school instead.

5.Who would you get to play you in a movie?
I'm gonna have to go with George Clooney. I don't really have a good reason why...other than that I was always a big fan of his character in the early day of "ER". I love that show.


My thanks to Chris.

No comments: