Tuesday, November 16, 2004

eNewsletters

..... of whatever variety - be they additional extras to mainstream publications, tips & tricks or purely an expression of online content delivered to your inbox - why do the vast majority of them presume that we all want to know the ins and outs of America and its voting practices and that we should all be urged to vote. I challenged one of these online e-letters recently when it reminded me, AGAIN, not to miss my chance to vote. In short I asked why it had to detract from its main message and keep reminding me - a non US person about their upcoming elections. And before you ask, I did it politely .... got a pleasant answer that basically said tough and if I didn't like it to unsubscribe.

Really, I ask, what is so difficult about identifying that I am not from the US? The eMail address I use is quite clear on where I am based and it can't be that hard for these alleged intelligent people to create more than one variant of their newsletter. They do it to differentiate between those who support them and those who don't ......

OK - today's moan over.

Quick question ....... how do you write the word eMail? And why?
Do you use:
email
eMail
e-mail
e-Mail
EMail
or some other variant?

No comments: