Friday, November 12, 2004

Friday ....

So, another one rolls around and no surprise the weather people got it wrong again - and there's me being grand fireworks master tonight as well. One hopes it won't be a damp squib.

My faith in eMail support has been restored though. Two companies - LogAnalytics and Preloved.co.uk - both responded to a query within one day, whereas it took DABS almost two weeks and a threat to invoke my rights as a shopper to get the appropriate response. Let me put it this way - never ever shop at Dabs unless you can guarantee you won't need support of any kind - I recently purchased a headset, a nice and innocuous item you might think. Well it works fine, but it was supposed to come with a voucher to give me credit on the Skype system. You guessed, no voucher. Anyway I finally got a response to say that they have approached the manufacturers - in the meantime I did precisely that and got a code for myself direct from Plantronics (which was unexpected). Final word on this - Dabs might be cheap and there is a reason for it,
be warned.

Time to go and do my sunshine dance and become pyromania^H^H^Hpyrotechnics master. Mu ha ha.