Monday, January 10, 2005

Somebody like me ....

It takes all sorts and I really thought there was only one. My big manager .... as I tend to refer to him. Big in that he is physically quite large and big in that he's deputy in charge of IT .... anyway, my xml feed today produced this gem - I quit - and I have to say that apart from the specifics of the industries, the location and the sex then this article so rang true for me.

Today I was torn the proverbial new one! But it was just a re-hash of an incorrect assumption made by said boss almost two years ago. What made it worse was that my line manager stuck the blade in and twisted a bit as well. I guess the difference between the article and myself is that I have long since given up trying to win anyone in management over ... instead, I do my job, I do it well and I enjoy it. However, today has re-confirmed a lingering thought at the back of my head .... time to get up and get looking. There are jobs out there that are better and I just need to start the process rolling.

Enough said ......